SQL Server Database Administrator
Medicat, the leader in the College Health EHR market, is seeking a SQL Server DBA looking to join a dynamic team dedicated to client satisfaction and quality development. As a seasoned DBA, you will be responsible for the installation, administration, and maintenance of SQL Server instances. You will need to be detail oriented, organized, thorough and have excellent interpersonal skills. This position offers a great opportunity to stand out and be a driving force in the future of Medicat.
- Installation, administration, and maintenance of SQL Server instances
- Management, maintenance, and setup of test, development, staging and production data environments
- Backup / Recovery and Integrity Checks
- Monitoring and continuous improvement of high availability implementations. SQL Server Always On synchronous/asynchronous replicas
- Regular database capacity planning
- Documentation of the existing system and improvements as they are planned and implemented
- Testing, implementing and appropriately documenting all changes
- Troubleshooting various problems that arise from day-to-day activities and fix the issues
- Monitoring SQL Server error logs and checking e-mail alerts
- Documenting database configurations
- Ongoing SQL query and index analysis and tuning in cooperation with Developers and Sysadmin Engineers
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field, OR 8 yrs. equivalent work experience
- Position requires at least 5 years database administration experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2012-2019)
- Strong foundation in the creation and maintenance of SQL Server database objects such as tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, and functions
- Experience developing and maintaining PowerShell and T-SQL scripts
- Experience with minimizing downtime and deploying high availability architectures (99.99% uptime)
- Experience with SQL Server security at the server and database level
- Experience with Veeam or similar Backup technology
- Excellent skills with SQL Server Always on Availability Groups including creation, upgrades, and troubleshooting
- Extensive experience with Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as solid interpersonal skills
- Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to technology
- Effective project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels in an organization
- Strong team interaction and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
Remote work with occasional travel for data center projects.
“Best Product, Superb Implementation & Unsurpassed Support”
Submit cover letter describing how your qualifications apply to this position, current resume, and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Medicat.