Careers at Medicat
Senior System Administrator
Medicat seeks a Senior Systems Administrator to work independently in a dynamic environment and directly responsible for participating in the design and support of all systems used to deliver our SaaS products.
Remote w/ occasional travel to data centers
This Senior Systems Administrator position requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment. The Senior Systems Administrator will be directly responsible for participating in the design and support of all systems used to deliver our SaaS products, both legacy (Remote Desktop Services) and new (browser-based). This position requires the experience to ramp up quickly in a dynamic, high-tech environment, and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects with regular status reports.
This is remote work with occasional travel for meetings and onsite data center work. Not required, but a plus would be candidates located in the RTP, North Carolina area near our primary data center.
Role & Responsibilities
- Maintain SaaS delivery infrastructure (Cisco UCS, Nexus, Firepower) ensuring reliability & uptime
- Manage domain, user/computer objects, accounts, and permissions
- Perform day-to-day break-fix, monitoring, troubleshooting Windows-related issues, performance issues, etc.
- Maintain Windows best practices, anti-virus, and patch management including firmware upgrades
- Perform operating system installation and performance tuning
- Perform a wide range of system administration duties, including support of corporate enterprise applications, databases, and servers
- Configure and setup servers and virtual machines in Hyper-V
- Participate in an on-call rotation for off-hours support
- Setup, configure and perform day-to-day maintenance and administration of Windows systems
- Systems Security – Identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities ensuring compliance with requirements (e.g. HIPAA & SOC 2 Type 2) and customer requirements related to data security balanced with operational practicality –
- Keep abreast of current trends and practices in the field of expertise
- Update and maintain documentation (internal and otherwise)
- Provide day-to-day technical support for staff and general systems management (user/group management, license management, systems configuration, etc.)
- Play a key role in establishing and managing IT policy and procedures
- Any other IT-related tasks or projects as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- 7+ years of experience managing enterprise IT infrastructure, including Active Directory
- Experience maintaining Windows 2016/ 2019 servers
- Strong experience working in Hyper-V Failover Cluster Virtual Environments.
- Experience managing active directory and group policy
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services with Session broker RD Web and Gateway
- Experience with Cisco UCS is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Site-to-Site VPN Configuration with Cisco Firepower or similar
- Deep understanding of practical networking
- Powershell scripting and automation experience preferred
- Understanding of SAN management and fiber channel configuration
- Experience with the public (AWS/Azure) and private cloud infrastructure
- Experience with remote management of Dell servers/SANs/Switches (iDRAC) preferred
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and software platforms
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative on multiple company projects
- Ability to work in a team, provide assistance and training for co-workers and end users, and receive coaching and feedback as needed
- Not required, but a plus would be candidates located in the RTP, North Carolina area near our primary data center.