Application Support Manager
Full Time Position
Medicat seeks an Application Support Manager to join our dynamic team dedicated to client success and satisfaction. Medicat provides the opportunity to take initiative, show leadership and grow professionally. If you currently feel held back in meeting your potential and want the opportunity to make a difference, Medicat might be the company for you!
This position’s main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing Application Support Team to provide unsurpassed customer support and assessing the design and structure of the Support Team to facilitate team cohesion and growth in alignment with company goals and development. This team is responsible for providing thorough and efficient application and technical support through problem identification, issue resolution, and quality documentation. It is up to the Manager of the Application Support Team to ensure that all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met, and that any escalated issues are handled directly. The Manager of Application Support won’t be satisfied with the status quo and will always look to find ways to more efficiently manage the team, while constantly coming up with ways to raise the standards. This person should also be a coach to his/her team, placing priority on empowering each person with the tools and insights they need to become better professionals and people.
Medicat provides the opportunity to take initiative, show leadership, and grow professionally.
Role and Responsibilities
- Directs and oversee all aspects of Medicat’s Application Support Team, policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Responsible for compiling operational metrics and performing data analysis to identify trends, chronic problems, and other issues that should be addressed as well as identify any potential proactive mitigation strategies. Leverage data to drive change in the environment.
- Reviews department structure to provide recommendations for necessary changes for improvement and growth. Responsible for re-designing processes, establishing and communication of service metrics, and consistent monitoring and analyzing of trends. Creating new (and updating existing) support documentation and standards to improve internal processes and flow.
- Maintains documentation for tickets, including tracking requests, incidents, issue resolution and trends. Raise visibility of issues that impact the clients, company and/or staff.
- Serve as a point of escalation for complex problems and works to diagnose, investigate, and resolve incidents in a timely manner. Work cross functionally with other departments for issues that cannot be resolved by the Application Support Team.
- Develop education plans, knowledge transfer and training for Application Support staff. Create and implement self-help opportunities. Work with training department to assure appropriate level of training is conducted for all applications and assure cross-training so more staff can support more products/processes.
- Responsible for identifying key performance indicators and service level agreements and ensuring the team meets the targets. Ensure customers have accurate and timely information/updates on tickets.
- Creates, interprets, and presents daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to supervisor and Senior Leadership Team.
- Conducts daily check-ins with team members to gauge progress and assist with tickets as needed. Conduct weekly 1:1 meetings with team members. Conduct weekly Team Meeting to review current ticket trends and needs.
- Recruits, manages, and develops Application Support Team members. Conducts performance reviews, coaching, improvement plans, and measure individual performance that contributes to employment decisions. Prepares staff schedules; review, approve, and monitor leave requests to ensure adequate coverage and backup as needed.
- Displays leadership qualities by remaining engaged with team and company initiatives and contributes as a collaborative team player.
- 10+ years of experience in Customer Service, 5+ years in a Call Center supervisory/management role. Experience leading a scaling, efficient support team and working in performance-focused environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or related field.
- A proven track record of people management (leaders and individual contributors), mentorship and career planning; demonstrated knowledge of management methods and techniques.
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools. Experience with ticket management systems – (Zendesk preferred.)
- Strong client-facing and communication skills and strong belief in customer-first mindset.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a diversely populated organization in a constantly evolving and fast paced setting.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office proficiently.
- Excellent technical aptitude and abilities with operational excellence. Willingness to problem solve with team members.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong desire to become a subject matter expert in the Medicat platform;
- Strong understanding of EHR and clinical workflow
- Current or previous Medicat user experience
- e-Prescribing experience – (Rcopia by DrFirst preferred)
- Software testing skills
- Software installation experience
- Cognizant of patient safety issues
- Familiar with ePHI security
Location: No travel. Work from Atlanta Corporate office is required.
Medicat Mission: “Best Product, Superb Implementation & Unsurpassed Support”
Application: Submit cover letter describing how your qualifications apply to this position, current resume, and/or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.