Your privacy is important to us. It is Medicat, LLC’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, www.medicat.com, and other sites we own and operate.
Information we collect
- When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. This data is considered “non-identifying information,” as it does not personally identify you on its own. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
- We may also collect data about the device you are using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
- We may ask for personal information, such as your:
- Phone/mobile number
- This data is considered “identifying information,” as it can personally identify you. We only request personal information relevant to providing you with a service, and only use it to help provide or improve this service.
How we collect information
We collect information by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. You are free to refuse our request for this information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some or all of your desired services without it.
Use of information
We may use a combination of identifying and non-identifying information to understand who our visitors are, how they use our services, and how we may improve the experience of our website in future. We do not disclose the specifics of this information publicly, but may share aggregated and anonymised versions of this information, for example, in website and customer usage trend reports.
We may use your personal details to contact you with updates about our website and services, along with promotional content that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt out of receiving promotional content, you can follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided alongside any promotional correspondence from us.
Data processing and storage
The personal information we collect is stored and processed where we or our partners, affiliates, and third-party providers maintain facilities. We only transfer data within jurisdictions subject to data protection laws that reflect our commitment to protecting the privacy of our users.
We only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide a service, or to improve our services in future. While we retain this data, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
If you request your personal information be deleted, or where your personal information becomes no longer relevant to our operations, we will erase it from our system within a reasonable timeframe.
Third-party access to information
We use third-party services for:
- Analytics trackingUser authentication
- Advertising and promotion
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Payment processing
These services may access our data solely for the purpose of performing specific tasks on our behalf. We do not share any personally identifying information with them without your explicit consent. We do not give them permission to disclose or use any of our data for any other purpose.
We may, from time to time, allow limited access to our data by external consultants and agencies for the purpose of analysis and service improvement. This access is only permitted for as long as necessary to perform a specific function. We only work with external agencies whose privacy policies align with ours.
We will refuse government and law enforcement requests for data if we believe a request is too broad or unrelated to its stated purpose. However, we may cooperate if we believe the requested information is necessary and appropriate to comply with legal process, to protect our own rights and property, to protect the safety of the public and any person, to prevent a crime, or to prevent what we reasonably believe to be illegal, legally actionable, or unethical activity.
We do not otherwise share or supply personal information to third parties. We do not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or third parties.
Medicat services are not directed toward children and we do not encourage children to participate in providing us with any personally identifiable information. We do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 13. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal data through the Internet. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13, without a parent or guardian’s consent has provided personal data to us, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
International Transfer of Information Collected
Medicat is a US-based, global company. We primarily store personal information about Website visitors and subscribers within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), the United States and in other countries and territories. To facilitate our global operations, we may transfer and access such personal information from around the world, including from other countries in which the Medicat Group has operations for the purposes described in this Policy. We may also transfer your personal information to our third party subprocessors as detailed here, who may be located in a different country from you. Such countries may have laws that are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
Medicat will rely on lawful measures to transfer your personal information outside the EEA and Switzerland, such as the EU standard contractual clauses or Privacy Shield Framework detailed in this section.
If you are visiting our Websites from the EEA or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal information to the United States and other jurisdictions in which we operate. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
If you are visiting our Websites from the EEA or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that by providing this personal information, you acknowledge that your personal information may be transferred to the United States and other jurisdictions in which we operate.
Privacy Shield Frameworks
Medicat abides by and has certified adherence to the principles of the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States. Medicat has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have received your personal information under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfer it to a third-party service provider for processing, we will remain responsible if they process your personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Your rights and responsibilities
As our user, you have the right to be informed about how your data is collected and used. You are entitled to know what data we collect about you, and how it is processed. You are entitled to correct and update any personal information about you, and to request this information be deleted. You may amend or remove your account information at any time, by contacting email@example.com.
You are entitled to restrict or object to our use of your data, while retaining the right to use your personal information for your own purposes. You have the right to opt out of data about you being used in decisions based solely on automated processing. However, this may limit the communications you receive about information that may be relevant to you.
Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to this policy
Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about how we handle your data and personal information.
Medicat, LLC Corporate Office
Attention: Jon Cox, Data Protection Officer
303 Perimeter Center North
Atlanta, GA 30346
Data Controller – Chris Short
Data Protection Officer – Jon Cox
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit, typically containing information about the website itself, a unique identifier that allows the site to recognise your web browser when you return, additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and the lifespan of the cookie itself.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (e.g., logging in), to track site usage (e.g., analytics), to store your user settings (e.g., time zone, notification preferences), and to personalise your content (e.g., advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as “first-party cookies,” and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (i.e., third parties) are called “third-party cookies,” and can be used to track your activity on other websites that use the same third-party service.
Types of cookies and how we use them
- Essential cookies
- Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website.
- Performance cookies
- Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We use performance cookies on our site.
- Functionality cookies
- Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and time zone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customised, enhanced, or optimised content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We use functionality cookies for selected features on our site.
- Targeting/advertising cookies
- Targeting/advertising cookies are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. Targeting/advertising cookies set by third-parties may be used to track your activity on other websites that use the same third-party service. We use targeting/advertising cookies on our site.
- Third-party cookies on our site
Our third-party privacy promise
We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers, before enlisting their services, to ensure their practices align with ours. We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
How you can control or opt out of cookies
If you browse websites from multiple devices, you may need to update your settings on each individual device.
Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit.
Last Updated: May 24, 2018